The 2017-2018 Starter Company Plus program has reached full capacity at our location.
An announcement in respect to an new program, will hopefully be made in March 2019.
Starter Company Plus Program Guidelines
You are eligible for Starter Company Plus if you are:
- Over 18 years of age and not attending school full time
- Operating a business, proposing a new business, expanding or purchasing a business
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Ontario
- Prepared to commit a minimum of 35 hours per week to operating your business
- Prepared to attend mentor meetings for six months after the start of your business
- Prepared to take part in identified Business Training
- Not already a participant in other programs such as Self Employment Assistance
- A existing business under 5 years of age
- A business that employs 10 or less employees.
Almost any type of business is eligible, as long as it is:
- A sole proprietorship or a corporation where the applicant is the majority shareholder
- An independent business venture – not a franchise
- Operates at arm’s length from any family business ventures in Ontario
- Operates full-time and maintains its own books and records
- Maintains a separate business bank account, following government rules and regulations for operating a business
Businesses not eligible for Starter Company Plus include:
- Partnerships that are 50% shared, franchises, commissioned sale or distributorships
- Business ventures that are continuations of existing commercial endeavours
- Not -for-profit or charitable enterprises
- Multi-level marketing ventures
- Single events such as musical ventures, bands, DJ’s or dance/party event organizations
- Businesses that are strictly pay per click and 1-900 businesses
For Successful completion you must:
- Participate in the training and coaching program
- Meet with the business mentor for the duration of the program
- Substantially meet your business plan objectives
Note: The Small Business Advisory Centre Smiths Falls/Lanark County, may at its sole discretion, determine a particular business is inappropriate for the Starter Company Plus program.
For more info on Starter Company Plus contact us at:
613-283-7002 x 109