STARTER COMPANY PLUS
The successful Starter Company Plus grant recipients are now in their coaching phase and we will be highlighting them during the week of September 14-18th.
The next intake will take place after April 1st 2021.
What the Starter Company Plus program includes:
- one-on-one advice from a Small Business Advisory Centre, advisor
- take part in a business plan boot camp and training from professional consultants (training will be conducted via zoom in 4 sessions and they will be held in the evening from 5:00- 8:30 pm)
- potential funding of up to $5,000
- 6 biweekly group coaching sessions for grant recipients (via zoom)
- access to webinars
- obtaining knowledge that will better position your business to be more successful and profitable
Who is eligible?
You can apply if you are:
- 18 years or older
- A Canadian/Ontario citizen with a business in Smiths Falls, Lanark County or the north part of Leeds Grenville
- Working in your business full time; 30-35 hours a week; all year round
- Generating income
- In your first 5 years of business
To qualify for funding of up to $5,000, you need to be able to contribute at least 25% (in cash or in kind) of the grant amount.
Non-profits will not be eligible for the grant program.
How to apply
Please read the Guidelines prior to applying for the Starter Company Plus program –
- Application (closed July 28th)
- The Small Business Advisory Centre will review and contact applicants August 30th or 31st (whether successful or not)
- Business Plan Boot camp with begin on August 10th from 500 pm-830 pm, August 12th from 500 pm-830 pm, August 17th from 500 pm-830 pm, August 19th from 500 pm-830 pm
- Funding pitch and decision will be on September 1st
Contact us today to set up an appointment to get some guidance on next steps in your business, if you haven’t met with us yet, or if you have any further questions about the program.