The application intake closed on December 10th @4 pm,
with a start date of January 12th, 2021. Stay tuned for new programs in 2021!
What the Starter Company Plus program includes:
- one-on-one advice from a Small Business Advisory Centre, advisor
- take part in a business plan boot camp and training from professional consultants (at this time training will be conducted via zoom in 4 sessions and they will be held in the evening from 9:00- 1:00 pm- on dates indicated)
- potential funding of up to $5,000
- 6 biweekly group coaching sessions for grant recipients (via zoom at this time)
- access to webinars
- obtaining knowledge that will better position your business to be more successful and profitable
Who is eligible?
You can apply if you are:
- 18 years or older
- A Canadian/Ontario citizen with a business in Smiths Falls, Lanark County or the north part of Leeds Grenville
- Working in your business full time; 30-35 hours a week; all year round
- Generating income
- In your first 5 years of business
To qualify for funding of up to $5,000, you need to be able to contribute at least 25% (in cash or in kind) of the grant amount.
Non-profits will not be eligible for the grant program.
How to apply
Please read the Guidelines prior to applying for the Starter Company Plus program –
- Application (closed Dec 10th, 2020 @ 4 pm)
- The Small Business Advisory Centre will review and conduct phone interviews for all eligible/completed applicants by December 14th and contact applicants December by December 17th (whether successful or not)
- Business Plan Boot camp with begin on January 12th from 9:00 am-1:00 pm, January 14th from 9:00 am-1:00 pm, January 19th from 9:00 am-8:30 pm, January 21st from 9:00 am-1:00 pm
- Funding pitch and decision will be during the week of February 15th
Contact us today to set up an appointment to get some guidance on next steps in your business, if you haven’t met with us yet, or if you have any further questions about the program. (firstname.lastname@example.org )