Our Starter Company Plus Program Window for Applications is Now Closed
The current Starter Company Plus intake accepted applications until June 28th, 2023. THE ONLINE APPLICATION AND THE GUIDELINES ARE LISTED BELOW (PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING. Unfortunately, we will only have 12 spots available for this intake for training, so with space limited, not all applicants will be accepted into the program. It is a competitive program with only 9 grants available this round.
What the Starter Company Plus program includes:
- one-on-one advice from a Small Business Advisory Centre, advisor
- take part in a business plan boot camp and training from professional consultants Training will be conducted on July 10th, 12th, 17th and 19th
- potential funding of up to $5,000 ( you will pitch your business to a grant committee/not all participants will be successful in receiving funding as we have limited funds)
- 6 weekly group coaching sessions for grant recipients (end of August to mid October)
- access to webinars/training
- obtaining knowledge that will better position your business to be more successful and profitable
Who is eligible?
You can apply if you are:
- 18 years or older
- A Canadian/Ontario citizen with a business in Smiths Falls, Lanark County or the north part of Leeds Grenville
- Working in your business full time; 30-35 hours a week; year round
- Generating income
- In your first year of start up, expanding your business under 5 years or purchasing a business.
To qualify for funding of up to $5,000, you need to be able to contribute at least 25% (in cash or in kind) of the grant amount into your business.
Non-profits will not be eligible for the grant program and the participant must be the owner or majority owner of the business.
How to apply
Please read the Guidelines prior to applying for the Starter Company Plus program –
- Click Here to open the guidelines for the program
- Online Application (the application window is now closed and our current intake will run until October 2023 )
- The Small Business Advisory Centre will review and conduct phone interviews for all eligible/completed applicants and then contact applicants as to whether successful or not
- Business Plan Boot camp (4 days)
- Funding pitch and decision
- Business Coachng/mentoring (funding participants)
Contact us today to set up an appointment to get some guidance on next steps in your business, if you haven’t met with us yet, or if you have any further questions about the program. (firstname.lastname@example.org )
If you have questions ahead of this please don’t hesitate to email email@example.com for more information.