Date(s) - Monday, June 8, 2020
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Webinar- hosted by Invest Ottawa
Jun 08 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
This seminar will provide a broad outline of what you need to know to start importing goods from abroad:
- financial issues (Incoterms, payments, exchange rates, insurance), Canadian import regulations, labelling, quotas,
- permits and licences, logistics costs, the documentation required for smooth customs clearance, how duties and taxes work,
- Free Trade Agreements and their impact, the role of the customs broker and other intermediaries.
Learn the basics as well as the important details impacting your bottom line and avoid mistakes, minimize costs/risks and maximize revenue.
Speaker Bio: Christian Sivière, Solimpex
Following a 30 year career in international logistics in Europe and in Canada, Christian Sivière started a Montréal-based import-export consultancy in 2010, Solimpex, active in two areas:
- consulting and coaching to help SMEs grow internationally; and
- training on the Logistics, Customs and Regulatory aspects of International Trade, Importing, Exporting, Free Trade Agreements, Supply Chain Management and related issues.
Christian lectures for CIFFA, the Canadian International Freight Forwarders Association in Toronto and FIATA, the World Federation of Freight Forwarders in Zurich, gives seminars and webinars for various trade organizations like Invest Ottawa, the EU Delegation in Canada, the Montreal Chamber of Commerce, Export Québec, the Canadian Association of Importers and Exporters and similar, and personalized training for importers and exporters.
He also publishes articles in Inside Logistics and Supply Professional.
*You will receive the webinar link the morning of the session – please check your junkmail box if you do not receive it*