Summer Company provides hands-on business training and mentoring in addition to awards of up to $3,000, to help enterprising students (ages 15-29) start-up and run their own summer businesses. Students gain insight into business creation and risk taking; practical experience in marketing, financial management, sales and customer service; and attitudes and skills essential for personal success, whatever their chosen career paths are.
You can get more information about the program and discuss your ideas by reaching out to the Small Business Advisory Centre by email @ (email@example.com) and view the program information and guidelines on the Summer Company website.
• Program eligibility requirements
• Program participation requirements and expectations
• Program training and mentorship
• Program grant opportunity
• and how to complete and submit a program application.The Summer Company Program will be delivered by the Small Business Advisory Centre for businesses in Smiths Falls, Lanark County and north Leeds Grenville (Merrickville, Rideau Lakes, Westport and upper part of Elizabethtown- Kitley).
Please note: The Summer Company program will give priority to new businesses that are sales-ready for the summer.
Approval of applications to participate in the Summer Company program is a competitive process. Students accepted in the 2023 Summer Company Program can receive up to $3,000 to assist with start-up and operating costs while also receiving hands-on business training and mentorship from business professionals and entrepreneurs throughout the summer!
Attendance at this information session does not guarantee eligibility to apply to the program or approval to participate in the program. There are limited spots available for participation in the program.
This online information session is presented by:
Small Business Advisory Centre (Smiths Falls, Lanark County and north Leeds Grenville)