2nd intake starts January 20th, 2020
***Mandatory to attend one of the free info sessions in order to apply for the Starter Company Plus program***
Starter Company Plus includes:
• one-on-one advice from a Small Business Advisory Centre advisor
• take part in a business plan boot camp and training from professional consultants and speakers funding of up to $5,000
• 6 biweekly group coaching sessions for grant recipients
• obtaining knowledge that will better position your business to be more successful and profitable
• 18 year or older
• A Canadian/Ontario citizen running your business in North Leeds, Smiths Falls or Lanark County
• Working in your business full time; 30-40 hours a week; all year round
• Generating income (will be considered an asset)
• Be starting your business within 1 yr, be expanding your business 5 years or under (specific rules will be explained) or be purchasing an existing business
To qualify for funding of up to $5,000, you need to be able to contribute at least 25% (in cash or in kind) of the grant amount.
Non-profits will not be eligible for the grant but may be eligible to take part in the training. This will be looked at on a case by case basis.