Date(s) - Thursday, October 8, 2020
10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Webinar presenters will be:
• Ron Landry, Senior Manager, Provincial Industrial Health and Safety (Occupational Health and Safety)
• Chantal Gubinczki-Young, Employment Standards Officer (Employment Standards)
• Adina Croitoru, Program Specialist, Small Business (Occupational Health & Safety) – only observing
Webinar description is below:
As the province re-opens from the COVID-19 pandemic, the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development is presenting on online information session to help you understand your employment standards and occupational health and safety rights and obligations as they relate to COVID-19.
• What flexibility is there around changing hours of work?
• Can an employee be fired if they refuse to go back to work due to a family obligation related to COVID-19?
• Who is responsible for protecting workers against COVID-19 in the workplace?
• Can a worker refuse to work if they feel unsafe due to COVID-19?
There will also be a Q&A period where you can ask and get answers to your own questions.
Join us on October 8th at 10 am- -12 pm (questions to follow session) to learn more about your workplace rights and obligations.
*Please note: the session may last up to three hours long, depending on the length of the Q&A.