Date(s) - Thursday, June 28, 2018
9:00 am - 11:00 am
Almonte Old Town Hall
Employment Standards Act – What Employers Need to Know
Join us for an in-depth session about the Employment Standards Act, and how it affects your business.
Facilitated by Leslie Aiston – Employment Standards Officer, Ministry of Labour
Understanding the Act
- What is the Employment Standards Act?
- What is an Employee?
- Exceptions, Exemptions, and Special Rules
- Employee or Independent Contractor
- The Employment Standards Poster
- What is an Employment Standards Officer?
- Provincial Offenses Act
What employers need to know: Basics
- Minimum Wage (including January 1, 2019 increase)
- Hours of Work
- Overtime Pay, Public Holidays (including January 1, 2018 update)
- Vacation and Vacation Pay (including January 1, 2018 update)
- Leaves of Absence (including January 1, 2018 update)
- Termination (Notice of,)
- Tips and Other Gratuities
- Temporary Help Agencies (THA’s) vs. Clients
- Filing a Claim