Date(s) - Thursday, June 6, 2019
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Small Business Advisory Centre
Join us for an in-depth session about the Employment Standards Act, and how it affects your business. On November 21, 2018, the Making Ontario Open for Business Act (Bill 47) became law, resulting in a number of changes to the Employment Standards Act (ESA) came into force on January 1, 2019.
Facilitated by Leslie Aiston – Employment Standards Officer, Ministry of Labour
Understanding the Act
- What is the Employment Standards Act and Bill 47?
- What is an Employee?
- Exceptions, Exemptions, and Special Rules
- Employee or Independent Contractor
- The Employment Standards Poster
- What is an Employment Standards Officer?
- Provincial Offences Act
What employers need to know: Basics
- Minimum Wage
- Hours of Work
- Overtime Pay, Public Holidays
- Vacation and Vacation Pay
- Leaves of Absence
- Termination (Notice of,)
- Tips and Other Gratuities
- Temporary Help Agencies (THA’s) vs. Clients
- Filing a Claim
Register on Eventbrite for FREE