Date(s) - Tuesday, June 11, 2019
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Small Business Advisory Centre
Business Succession Planning
A business succession plan can help you make important decisions about ownership, maximizing your company’s value and tax strategies. A good succession plan will help the transfer of your business go smoothly, and allow you to maintain good relationships with employees and business partners.
Topics to be covered:
- Taxation basics – personal and corporate tax rates in Ontario
- Business Structure
- corporations versus proprietor/partnership
- benefits and opportunities and limits of each
- Facts on Succession Plans – very few have structured plans in place
- Assessment – when do you start working on your succession plan???
- Options for Succession
- Family Sale/Transfer
- Key Employee / Management Buyout – Hire your Buyer!
- Sell Outright to unrelated party
- The Soft Issues – I guarantee these are as important as any other issue!
- The Exit Process
- Essential Team of Experts
- Business Valuation Concepts
- Goodwill – what is it and how do you value it
- Structure and Taxation impacts in the sale of a business
- Shareholders Agreements
Presenter: Robert Dyke, CPA, CA
President & Owner of Dyke & Murphy, Professional Corporation in Perth, ON
- Graduate of University of Waterloo
- 10+ Years experience as CFO in Logistics/Transportation
- 10 years owning own Accounting Practice in Perth
- Volunteer Board Member of Valley Heartland CFDC (14 years)
Cost: $20 – To purchase @ https://www.eventbrite.ca/preview?eid=60074759222